Russel Brand recently made an appearance on BBC’s Newsnight that seems to have struck a tone across the internet. He talks about revolution, political corruption, social transformation, and humor. The interview is really good to watch. I offer some analysis and thoughts below.
First, the video:
Second, the article:
And now, my criticisms.
- He does have a keen grasp of class and power
- He recognizes that profit is problematic and may understand some basics of Labor Theory of Value
- His sharp criticism of the current system is very good (though he would gain developing his thoughts more, especially on what type of world we want)
- He has an excellent criticism of the doldrum attitudes among the left when it comes , (which to me seem to focus on the Leninist left, largely – programmatic serial serious chanters, no sense of humor on the picket lines)
- Sharp criticism of charity…
View original post 617 more words